Friday, April 30, 2010

Black farmers still not gettin' their money

"The Pigford II settlement agreement, which is contingent on appropriation by Congress, will provide a total of $1.25 billion dollars to African American farmers who alleged that they suffered racial discrimination in USDA farm loan programs"
Pigford II Litigation ––> article

Not sure why I haven't heard a lot of discussion about this within the media but then again, I do...

...And Congress says (at least what I think it would say if Congress was an actual person), "look here we don't have any more time to appropriate this contingency"...REALLY? An emergency appropriation was rejected as well. The providers of the food we consume each and everyday, we do not have time to pay? Keeping it in perspective, I do not sit in session with Congress in the Senate or House so I honestly do not know everything that is on the table of the discussion but of course that is why we have the wonderful C–SPAN network. I also do not know exactly what the attorneys for these farmers are asking Congress for in detail so yes this all speculation but I am still wondering....WHAT THE HELL?

But now that I think about it, Arizona is getting a lot of shine which will bring me to another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment