Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Angels added to the army...(Continued)

I felt that this last passing needed to be put on a separate page simply because I have a lot to say and this person was very close to my god son's family and I too developed good relationship with him.

Joshua McMackle was shot and killed this past weekend at Texas Southern University.  He was a first year student while attending, only 18...

While attending party, he was shot in the back.  I remember when I met him, we were at the annual Street family reunion and we were chillin' most of the time, talking about basketball tryouts he was going to attend while he was in school overseas and such.  Intelligent with a great spark of personality and passion for people, just all around good kid who life was stopped short due to foolishness at a party. I am a quarter century old have seen far too many times people of close association and a couple friends pass too quickly over things that really didn't matter in life...

It still hasn't even set in with me...things like this you can never get used to....seems so unreal.....but my thoughts and my mind is currently with J's parents and family.  I love ya J and I love yall...May you RIP cous....

they say good die young,
I say the angels are born early,
no, it doesn't make sense,
people these days are real dirty,
taking the life of a mother's boy and a father's son,
What makes you think that you are the only one?
Just cause you have a gun,
Now you aint scarred of anyone,
but without it,
you are a coward,
Now we are his roses,
you the wilted flower,
innocence in a guilty environment,
this proves that our fatherless society,
needs our fathers to come up outta retirement,
we look for answers but remember best,
the short times we had,
will last forever, as you lay to rest,
but no stress,
your life we celebrate like the king,
no lioness,
I wish i could keep on writing,
this is straight off the top,
we love you, we miss you
but the hurt is causing writer's block....

Your soul will live on....Rest In Peace Joshua McMackle

-juskev

No comments:

Post a Comment