Monday, May 10, 2010

Phenomenal Man by Charles Fox


Handsome Men wonder where my secret dwells
I'm don't resemble Boris, Shemar, or Mr. Chestnut anyone can tell
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm jiving
I say
It's in the depth of my voice
The conviction of my speech
The pep in my step
The length of my reach
I am a man
Phenomenally
Phenomenal Man
That's me.

I walk into a crowd
Just as tranquil as can be
I don't have to call attention to myself through gestures
All eyes are on me
Women wonder about my quiet demeanor and what lurks below the surface
I move with extreme confidence and determination,
I am a King with a purpose
The inferno of emotion, boiling right beneath the exterior
I don't brag, boast, or bother
To trivial things, I am superior
I am a man, an African Monarch
I'm proud of my full lips and the texture of my mane
I am the personification of perseverance
Strong and unwavering
Complex yet difficult while still simple and plain
I'm a man
Phenomenally
Phenomenal Man
That's me.

Some women wonder what attracts them to me
When they look at my face
Gorgeous is not what they see
What they observe is confidence and that's all I can be
Phenomenally
It is the obscurity of my soul
The charm of my heart
My individuality
My willingness to be myself
That makes women pick me up
And leave the 'flashy replica'on the shelf
Phenomenal man

I don't have to talk too loud
Or self promote
When I get the best of you, there is no need for me to gloat
The complexion of my skin, the freckles on my face
The grip of my warmth
The sincerity of my faith
It's the genuine nature of my passion
The stride of my feet
That frustrates the insecure
And makes my life complete
I'm a man
Phenomenally
Phenomenal Man
That's me.

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this poem....thanks Kev!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Thanks for looking at the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete