Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Listening to the Horne


"I wish it would rain" feat. Mayer Hawthorne --> Shout out to my boy Levi for showing me the video for this...so I've been a lil' slow in posting some music from Mayer Hawthorne...my fault. He is trying to bring back that old mellow feeling from the past to R&B, I'm wit'it!

"Just aint gonna work out" feat. Mayer Hawthorne



"Hey Young World Pt.2" feat. Dave Ghetto, Mystic and Phonte --> Pulled from my huge 9th wonder collection...can't even remember which mixtape (believe it is of Dave Getto's cd produced by 9th) it came from but heard it recently in the car and definitely wanted to put you all on......FEELIN' IT!!!



"Tigallo for Dolo" feat. Phontigga --> Yeah, I know most of yall that purchased the "last" Little Brother album, Left Back came up a little disappointed but make no mistake I still bump the album and this song is self continues to show why Phonte is one the illest most dynamic lyricists in the game....FEELIN' IT!



"Neon Valley Street" feat. Janelle Monae --> Just plain beautiful. This song is dope...getting me all excited about her album. If you haven't seen or heard some of Ms. Monae's performances, Youtube her. Her voice is AMAZING...FEELIN' IT!

Support Ms. Monae's album, The ArchAndroid....a breath of fresh air to music with a voice of beauty...they let her creativity shine on this one.



"Brainswash(remix)" feat. Apollo Brown, yU, Grap Luva & Finale --> Apollo, who produced the remix of the orginal (from yU of the Diamond District), is outta Detroit. Haven't heard much of him but there is good buzz that he could be next big time producer comin' outta motor city...FEELIN IT.


Old School for the moment:

"Where did we go wrong" feat. LTD --> One of my favorites from Mr. Osborne and crew!



"Fall in Love" feat. Estelle --> Ok, Estelle. I can get with this...FEELIN IT.



"Now Til Infinity" feat. Co$$, Naledge, & Reks --> Yo, west coast in the past few years has been on the come up...Pac Div, U-N-I, ect. and the smooth joints keep coming. FEELIN IT.



"Dear God" feat. The Roots --> The Roots are coming with it again. How I Got Over will be in stores soon. Their last album 2 years ago people considered a flop. They are one of the few hip hop groups out there that consist of mainly a live band as their man production piece.



"The Do" feat. TiRon --> I am already a fan of TiRon (still jammin' to "Smile") but this Dilla produced track is making it easy to show why I am still a fan. I like this Latino infused beat.



"Paper Please" feat. Talib Kweli --> Talib steps back into his political conscientiousness that he is known for on this one talking about the immigration issue that is hugely plaguing our society now in days.

No comments:

Post a Comment