Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Cash or Credit?

Reading the free local Express paper from the DMV area, I came across their top story where the DCPS are expected to raise the average salaries of the educators of the worse public schools in the nation. The union has renegotiated there contracts for 2 year salary increases to average $81K, in which teachers have not seen increases since 2006.
I believe all educators deserved to be compensated extremely well. But my only inquiry is should they be rewarded for a current failing school system or should we automatically increase the salaries and hope money talks? Why not also give the teachers better quality materials first as well.
But in lue of my inquiry I must remember I am not in the shoes of the teachers that go to work everyday and work with what they got....
Just some quick simple thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment