Monday, April 11, 2011

Music Monday: 804 Special Edition ~ What's the 411?

Puttin' my high school and city on the map with some truly great local talent to whom are some good associates of mine growing up in high school. And let me tell first how PROUD I AM OF THEM AND MY HOMETOWN!!! SUPER HYPE!
First up:

The Bass Brothers, Michael Millions and his brother and producer NameBrand hit VA's Cap City and the global music scene with their sophomore mixtape, The Color Purple. I must say, if you are from anywhere around the 804 then you already know the buzz around this joint. My favorite joints are "No Place Like Home" (probably cause they talking where i live  grew up and hung around) and "2AM"... GOOD MUSIC...GO GET THAT!

Second up:
My boy Turi, aka Illa Sorceses drops his FreEP, Illavation, TODAY! GO GET THAT! I honestly have been waiting on this one for a minute. If you have followed this music portion of my blog for a minute, then you might of heard his "Devil in a Red Dress" joint which was pretty hot with the sampling...more of that in store on his album.  He def comes smooth with a nice sample on the intro (wont reveal the sources, he got mad when i did that once before, haha), love the joint "Dreamin"...man honestly this is whole "jawn" is my type of album for those who know my old school, hard core liking of hip hop....TOO HYPE!  SUPPORT GOOD MUSIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment